Cinnamon Ribbon Cake
Hey Trinkets Fans!!
It"s time for another recipe!! This past weekend I found this great recipe to make a super delicious Cinnamon Ribbon Cake! This recipe is so easy to make and I had all the ingredients in house so... voila.. YUMMY!!! Made with love... it tastes like magic!
Absolutely wonderful with a nice cup of coffee! Try it and let me know what you think!! Enjoy!!
You will need..
For the cake:
3 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk or more
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the butter to a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Pour in the melted butter and use an electric mixer on low speed, mixing the batter until it’s just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping, whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the topping over the top of the cake and use a butter knife to swirl the topping into the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before whisking together the powdered sugar and milk to make the glaze. Add additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time to reach the consistency you prefer. Pour the glaze over the warm cake.
- Let glaze set before slicing and serving.
This will be another favourite at my house!! Take care everyone! Thank so much for all of you doing your part to adapt to this new crazy time we are living! Stay safe.
#MadeWithLove #Recipe #Cinnamon #Cake #WeAreAllInThisTogether #WearYourMask #BeKindToOneAnother
TIPS & NOTES:
Store the cake tightly covered at room temperature for 3-4 days.