Dreamy Low Calorie Vanilla Angel Food Protein Cake!!
OMGOODNESS Trinkets Fans!!!
Another of my top recipes during quarantine was ... Vanilla Angel Food Protein Cake!! PLUS it’s super low calorie and high protein!! Yay!! "Dreamy" is an under statement!! One of my clients told me that she and her husband have this a few times a week for breakfast! YES YES YES!! I can think of no other way to start a wonderful day than to have a piece of this HEAVEN!!
You will need...
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cream of tartar
17 grams of Vanilla Whey Protein
6-7 egg whites (room temperature)
Add stevia or low calorie sweetener to taste.
1. Separate egg whites. It’s very important that they are room temperature so leave them out on the counter for an hour or two.
2. Once at room temperature, start at a slow whisk and gradually speed up as you go. 3. When it starts looking frothy add Cream of Tartar. Keep whisking. If you have an electric mixer with whisk option use that.
4. Now add sweetener and vanilla, it will start looking fluffy like meringue.
5. Now gently fold in the vanilla whey protein powder. Do not stir.
6. Now pour batter into greased cake tin. Bake at 350F for 10-15 mins until the top turns golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from center. Let cool and serve.
The whole cake is only 180 Calories and 38g of Protein!! My half slice (pictured) is only 90 Cals so.... (no surprise) I added low calorie cool whip and a teaspoon of chocolate chips, a couple sliced strawberries and a low calorie chocolate pudding cup... Because why not?!?! Even with all my extra toppings this dessert is ONLY 215 Calories!! Seriously half a cake!! Absolutely delish!
Try it and let me know what you think!! I really think it’s my new favourite!!
#WeAreAllInThisTogether #MadeWithLove #StaySafe